Saturday, June 14, 2008

uberman day 0 and day 1

Adapting to a new sleeping pattern. Its called polyphasic or uberman sleeping pattern.
Here instead of a good night's sleep you take 6 naps at interval of 4 hours. Each nap is of 20 minutes. So in all you sleep for only 2 hours per day.
Adapting to this pattern is very very difficult. Of all who try to adapt only few succeed.
To know more on uberman please visit http://www.puredoxyk.com blog of a successful polyphasic sleeper. She has also authored a book on polyphasic sleep.
Coming back to my napping schedule.
12 Jun 2008 night was the last full night sleep I had. My nap times are 1:15, 5:15, 9:15, 13:15, 17:15 & 21:15. First nap was 14 Jun 2008 1:15 am. After that I have been taking nap every 4 hours. I started out with 25 minutes nap but have reduced the time to 20 minutes as I feel more refreshed with 20 minute nap. 25 minute makes me a bit groggy.
Since college days I have been good at napping. It takes hardly 2-3 minutes for me to fall asleep. And it seems this has been helping me a lot. Coz I was able to sleep on all the naps till now. Energy level has be fluctuating but I am far from being a zombie. May be sleep deprivation has not kicked in till now.
Time for 15th June 2008 5:15 nap.
Will keep this post updated with my progress.

No comments: